Central Management of TSM BA Client configuration files like dsm.sys, dsm.opt

esmconsulting

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi,
the new TSM Version TSM 6.3 gives the possibility to update the existing TSM BA client code centrally over the Administration Center on additional platforms. My question now: is there also a function available to manage centrally (view and edit) my TSM BA Client configuration files and logs (especially on Windows, Linux and AIX) and to restart the TSM client scheduler service ? I n the Administration Center I can´t find any possibility ... Some hints how to achieve this?

Thanks for any hints.
Andreas

Depends on what you want to do. Certain items can be managed through CLIENTOPTIONSETS. I know TSMManager offers this function by accessing the files as long as they are in the default directory. I don't think Admin Center does (not sure because I hate Admin Center and don't use it).

Central Management of TSM BA Client configuration - one tool supports this function

Hallo Andreas and Chad,

besides the tool TSMManger which you mention Chad, there exist another tool - TSM Power Adminstrator -, which in its newest version supports central editing / management of all relevant client configuration files / logfiles and client scheduler. The remote tool enabling this management is installed automatically on the client via TSM central scheduler once. Works perfectly.

if you need further infos pls send me or my colleague a mail. Thanks and rgds mikel

[email protected]
+43 (0) 664 / 1415275

or my colleague

[email protected]
+49 (0) 172 / 725 85 87

Hi ,

Could you elaborate about the TSM power administrator , does it IBM production . Is it licensed software , any link to gather information about TSM power administrator ..

Thanks

Can It really able to manage the dsm.opt and dsm.sys files centrally ?

Can It really able to manage the dsm.opt and dsm.sys files centrally ?

Download and see for yourself.

I am not a big fan of add-on products - I just do my own management (including client operations, and yes, including dsm.sys or dsm.opt modifications) through scripting.

Back