Can't reinstall ITCAM 6.3

franky1800

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hello,

I have the following issue:

I installed ITCAM 6.3 (Tivoli Monitoring Agent) on a Windows (OS = Windows 7) client without troubles. The monitoring worked fine for about 1 year.
1 week ago a colleague deinstall the software cause of DiskSpace problems. After he solved that problem he tried to reinstall the software. But now we have the issue, when you are in the installation step "Installshield Wizard ==> select features", that no selectable features appears. It's an empty field.

attachment.php

I tried to clean the registry, reboot but without success.

Can you please help me.

Thanks a lot
Franky

Attachments

• IBM Monitoring Failure.png
    IBM Monitoring Failure.png
    288.4 KB · Views: 22
PREDATAR Control23

What does the text in the box near the bottom say?

PREDATAR Control23

Hello,

Sry i forgot that my Installation Setup isn't in english.
:)
Here the Translation of the text below:

0,00 MB space is required on the C: drive.
==> In a normal way I can choose Features in the field ahead and then it Shows me, how much space this Features needs.
13019,87 MB Space are available on the C: drive

The remaining text contain only unimportant Information. If I translate it word by word with a Translation tool, I get the following Output:

For all agents, application support files must be installed with agent-specific information on the Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Server, to make the agent to connect to the Tivoli Enterprise Portal Server and the Tivoli Enterprise Portal desktop browsers and Client.

I hope this helps.

Franky

PREDATAR Control23

Hi Franky,

Unfortunately, it does not help. I was hoping it was some kind of error message that would say why no components are listed.

Check to see if the installation created a log file in "ITM_HOME\InstallITM\<Product_name>_<timestamp>.log", that might give more info.

PREDATAR Control23

Hi Marclant,

I am not able to install the Software.
After I click next at the Window I posted the following error appear:

upload_2014-12-4_14-45-32.png

The text means:
==> You selected nothing. Please choose a Feature for the installation.

So I can't go on with the Installation till it's finished. And thats why it doesn't create a log file in C:\IBM.

I know its a strange Problem. I googled alot, but i was not able to find a solution.

Maybe there exists a Forum where this thread is better placed?

Best Regards
Michael

PREDATAR Control23

Have you opened a PMR with IBM? If not, that might be your best bet at this point.