• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Can't configure DP for Exchange 2016

Whenever i try to use the configuration wizard it won't let me select Exchange server since it says processing a while and all options disapear.

using 7.1.4.2
witch is supposed to have support for exchange 2016.
Even tried updating our exchange to CU1 but still won't show up when i try to configure it.

rallingham

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Earlier I posted a warning about the Mail Box Browser not working for DP 2016 for mail. Add to that the scheduler wizard also is not working properly and tends to hang the MMC. As for your issue, try to run the Configuration Wizard again and check to see if there is a Reboot Warning required. I ran into this as well.

Haven't had any other problems with the MMC and no warnings about reboots required.
Just this problem where the configure window is empty after trying to find a installed exchange server.

rallingham

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
When you go to the properties and go through each tab, what do you see? The most likely reason for not seeing any exchange mail stores is authorization. Does the ID you are using to install have exchange admin authority?

When you go to the properties and go through each tab, what do you see? The most likely reason for not seeing any exchange mail stores is authorization. Does the ID you are using to install have exchange admin authority?
Properties of what?
There is nothing under "Protect and recover data" since i can't complete the step "TSM Configuration" where i get this
And after a while i get nothing in the box

Attachments

rallingham

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
This may be a silly question but are you installing this on the Exchange server? Is the backup archive client equal to or greater than the version of the TDP?

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 53 60.9%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 7 8.0%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrescht