Cannot copy files from one folder to another folder

christy.tfwu

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
We tried copy some files from folders to other folders of the same storage server for same users, the attached error showed. However, if we copied the folders to a local computer, there is no error. Please see attached screen captures and I appreciate if there is any advice.

Attachments

• Error Copying File 1.JPG
    Error Copying File 1.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Error Copying File 2.jpg
    Error Copying File 2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 21
I think you posted in wrong forum....this forum is for TSM or other backup/restore software s/w.

Hi Reddy, this problem is occurred when using HSM. I think this is place for the posting. Thanks any way.

How is the copy of the data failing TSM related? Is the copy being done with the HSM tool? I don't get it, it looks like a standard OS copy failure to me.

Any permissions issue on the target folder? Is the target folder defined correctly under HSM and associated policies?

We migrate files with last modified day older than 3 years via HSM. Normally users map to their own directories on the file server to open stub files without problem. However, it is reported with the error mentioned that they cannot copy those stub files into another folder in their own directories.

There is no permission issue on the target folders. Only one policy is defined as attached.

Users can copy the stub files to their local computers without problem.

Any idea?

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 13
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 13
I know TSM if installed on the local computer, is not domain authenticated.
I take it these are HSM migrated files you are trying to copy so they should be automatically retrieved by tsm. Is there anything in server activity log relating to this?

Back