can not sync server passwords for remote library access

jharris

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok, I have quite a few servers, but this problem really resolves around three.

Server1 - configuration manager
Server2 - library manager
Server3 - Library client.
All on Windows 2003 SP2, running TSM 5.3.5.0

Server3 is getting authentication errors when trying to open a connection for library access on the library manager 'server2'.
========
ANR0454E Session rejected by server SERVER2, reason: Verification Failure.
ANR8938E Initialization failed for Shared library 3500_Library1; will retry within 5 minute(s).
ANR0454E Session rejected by server SERVER2, reason: Verification Failure.
ANR8938E Initialization failed for Shared library 3500_Library2; will retry within 5 minute(s).
========

I was trying to centrally manage all server definitions and setup a profile on server1, with the server definition of server2. I subscribed server3 to the profile and automatically the definition of server3 was created on server2. All good so far.

I've defined 2 libraries and device classes on server3 and migrated all my old library volumes to the new libraries successfully. Now at some stage, I've ended up either replicating or losing the working verification key between server3 and server2.

From server2 end, I've updated the password, tried forcesync=yes and even deleted the server3 definition and created with the correct password.

From server3 however, I've tried to forcesync=yes and unsubscribed from the profile and set the allowreplace parameter on the 'update server' command to 'no', but still get an authentication error. I can not DELETE the server2 definition on server3 because there are remote libraries bound to server name with associated deviceclasses and storage pool volumes containing data. I've pulled my hair out for two days over a simple password syncronisation process, but due to the fact that the server definition was originally managed and created by the $$CONFIG_MANAGER$$ account and it's in use, it's like I can't do anything with it.

On Server3, can I safely delete the remote library definitions somehow, so I can delete the dodgy server definition and create a new one, but not lose all of my storage pool volumes and associated data?

I bit the bullet, deleted my library definitions, then I could delete the server definition, recreated and all is now ok.

I'm totally blown as I've been in a state of deadlock for the last two days without taking the gamble ... I didn't think there were dependancies for my storage volumes on the library, but the device class definitions do have a library parameter, which I thought was going to restrict me from deleting the libraries first.

all is good now :)

Back