Building the Journal

GregE

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TSM 5.5 server
TSM 6.2.3.3 client.

I have a TSM Windows client that contains over 75 million files on a drive. The TSM journal has corrupted and backup of that drive will not run.

I can't remember something. If I delete the journal and start new, and I stop the backup after a few hours, is my new journal partially built? So I can backup again later and build more, and do this several times?

Or MUST I run a backup from start to finish to populate the journal? (this will literally take days and tax my TSM server greatly)

Last edited:
TSM 5.5 server
TSM 6.2.3.3 client.

I have a TSM Windows client that contains over 75 million files on a drive. The TSM journal has corrupted and backup of that drive will not run.

I can't remember something. If I delete the journal and start new, and I stop the backup after a few hours, is my new journal partially built? So I can backup again later and build more, and do this several times?

Or MUST I run a backup from start to finish to populate the journal? (this will literally take days and tax my TSM server greatly)

Unfortunately, you must run the Journal build to the end to have a complete 'picture'. Stopping it will require you to start allover again.

Back