1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Bare machine recovery "FBSP1004I No Adapter Selected"

Discussion in 'Bare-Metal Restore' started by edweb3, May 13, 2011.

1. edweb3

edweb3 New Member

Hi everybody.

This is the situation:

I installed Fastback Server v6.1.3, and configured it in a windows server 2003. I installed the bare machine recovery (v6.1.1) and the fastback agent in a laptop with windows XP, I took an snapshot from the windows xp laptop. I downloaded the Windows automated Installation Kit (windows vista) and installed in the windows xp laptop, downloaded the drivers networks, the test disk, and burned the cd.

Now, I am trying to restore in another laptop (with better hardware and windows xp) with Bare Machine Recovery, from the recovery CD, but I got two errors:

FBSP7011E Could not Idenfify adapter
    FBSP1004I No Adapter Selected

When I created the recovery CD, I downloaded the driver of the network adapter (adapter who is owner the snapshot's laptop), and I placed in the \FastBackBMR\PEDrivers\NetworkDrivers folder, but I got a question about that, I put the .exe in that folder, I did not install the driver or something like that, I just put it as the download director (Intel) gave it to me, Is there any problem with that? Do I have to install the driver or do something special with the driver?

I was looking in the internet for that error, and found this:

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21419385

anyway, it has not been useful that IBM post. What do you think guys, that I am doing wrong?

Thank you.

Santiago

3. jmoore983

jmoore983 New Member

Were you able to get this working? I am attempting to restore a VMware VM to another VMware vm. I have loaded the network driver (vmxnet3) and created the CD. I get the same error, FBSP7011E Could not Idenfify adapter...