Barcode reader problem on LTO 3583, TSM 5.1.5 and W2K

francv

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I am experiencing the strangest problem with the above environment; TSM refuses to accept barcode input from LTO, hence no barcoded tapes can be used.

Have upgraded TSM to 5.1.5, W2K is running SP3, LTO 3583 has been upgraded to latest firmware, and latest device drivers have been loaded.

But here comes the strange part; each time the server is rebooted, the W2K device manager comes up with an error and states that the device driver for the media changer could not be loaded. Updating the driver with the exact same device driver (ibmchgr.sys) then causes W2K to state that the device is working properly.

This however, causes TSM to view the library and the drives as three different entities, and none of them can be defined for use.

Rebooting the server and making the device manager 'think' it could not load the device driver properly, sorts the problem out on TSM. The LTO is then viewed as a library with two drives.

So far I have attempted the abovementioned upgrades, numerous different uninstall reinstall sequences of device drivers, del's and def's of path drive and libr, reboots etc., but the problem still persists.

Any ideas on what I could try next would be highly appreciated.

Hi,

I have the same config. I defined the lib and the drives using TSM mmc snap-in and everything works fine.

Back