backup systemstate

adam1212

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
How to schedule on the TSM server Backup Systemstate? Please help me. Backup systemstate from command line, from client working ok and I will say more. I recovered Windows 2012 from systemstate backup with all partitions on the another VM. It looks great. Now I need schedule this. In old version TSM admins use action=Command OBJects="dsmc backup systemstate".

Now I find:

DEFine SCHedule domain-systemtation sched-systemstate action=backup subaction=SYSTEMST object=??? options=??? starttime=15:40 duration=6 DAYofweek=sunday DESCription="systemstate weekly backup"

New node for systemstate:
register node windows-2012-systemstate p@ssw0rd domain=domain-systemstate type=client HLAddress=10.10.10.10 LLAddress=1501

define association domain-systemstate sched-systemstate windows-2012-systemstate

On the client:

create dsm_s.opt

dsmcutil inst /name:"TSM Client Scheduler systemstate" /optfile:"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm_s.opt" /node:windows-2012-systemstate /password:p@ssw0rd /autostart:YES /startnow:YES

dsmcutil inst CAD /name:"TSM Client Acceptor systemstate" /optfile:"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm_s.opt" /cadschedname:"TSM Client Scheduler systemstate" /node:windows-2012-systemstate /password:p@ssw0rd /autostart:yes

from Setup Wizard configure/upgrade TSM Client Schedule (path for dsmerror.log and dsmsched.log)

And one more quastion, how manage from client TSM archive/backup GUI multi node?

It was my mistake.The scheduler name on the server was different than name on the client :)

You have to define SYSTEMSTATE as the object, which has to be backed up.

DEFine SCHedule domain-systemtation sched-systemstate action=backup object=SYSTEMSTATE options=??? starttime=15:40 duration=6 DAYofweek=sunday DESCription="systemstate weekly backup"

Back