Backup HyperV environment which uses HyperV Replication

bador

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Currently I try to backup two HyperV hosts which are not part of a cluster but this two hosts use the HyperV replication feature to allow it to move virtual machines between themselves. So in other words I can start a virtual machine eather on the first or on the second host.

Now we want to backup this construct with tsm. If I install "Spectrum Protect for VE (Hyper-V)" the enviroment is handled like two single nodes (cause it is no real cluster). If I install the product like this I get two nodes with the backuped data.

Now the question, is there a way to combine the two nodes (HOST1_HV_TGT and HOST2_HV_TGT) with backuped data (Like it would be in a cluster environment)? Otherwise we had to check which node has the latest backupdata (in a restore case).

I just see the opertunity to create a REAL cluster but maybe the community knows more? :)

Not sure if this would work with Hyper-V, as I'm in a VMWare shop and I have no experience with the Hyper-V side of things.

What I've done for my VMware Environment:
datamover01 has a proxynode target of data_center_name
datamover02 has a proxynode target of data_center_name
Then the data_center_name has proxynode agents for datamover01 and 02.
So all vm's are backed up under the filespace of the data_center_name.

Again, not sure if the above would work with the Hyper-V side of things, but for my needs works out well.

Back