Backup devconfig & volhistory into TSM DB tape

garychan789

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello,

Can I backup devconfig & volhistory into TSM DB backup tape?

Thanks

As far as I know this is not possible. because devconfig and volhistory files are not in encrypted format like TSM DB. and once the DB is backedup to a tape, it cannot contain any other flat file as its becomes a type of dbbackup.
these devconfig and volhistory files are very less in space so you can keep them on multiple nodes from you can fetch then whenever needed.

Hello,

Can I backup devconfig & volhistory into TSM DB backup tape?

Thanks

Not possible - and if it was possible, this will defeat the purpose. The idea of backing up these files outside of a DB backup is to recover the system. How can you recover TSM if you don't have a starting point to do so?

If you are using DRM, the Recovery plan has these files and you only need to backup or save the Recovery plan.

old thread I know but I was looking for the same information and stubled across this.
I'm new to TSM and would like to know how to restore the DB using the DRM files ? I sucessfully tested the restore using the db backup and volhistory + devconfig file but I have no idea how to restore using these DRM file so any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks that's exactly what I needed. I'll look it up.

Back