1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Backup and Restore help for Exchange 2003

Discussion in 'TDP/Application Layer Backup' started by najmulhasan, Dec 30, 2007.

1. najmulhasan

najmulhasan New Member

Dear Experts,

Iam new to TSM,Can anybody help me with step by step Configuration for Backup and Restore For Exchange 2003 Databases..Is it possible to Take Bricklevel backups for Mailboxes...

Iam able to backup Successfully using TDP for exchange ,The restore also works fine,but iam unable to see deleted mails after i restore...
    Maybe iam missing some configuration

Thanks in Advance...

3. Elomis

Elomis Senior Member

Contract Consultant
    You can't backup individual mailboxes with TDP for Exchange. Read the TDP for Exchange redbook from IBMs website. If you have users deleting emails accidently with that sort of frequency and you need mailbox bricklevel, consider using NTBACKUP to create a backup set of the exchange environment and have TSM backup the backup - that's a dodgy hack tho.

4. sgabriel62

sgabriel62 Senior Member

Principal of SGSolutions Inc.; Systems Architect &
    Anticipation for mailbox level restores are I believe in Exchange 2007 - which is just coming around.