Back to basics...

Rigido

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I started using this product when it was called ADSM and I was working for IBM. Did some courses and a lot of "Training On The Job" then started to deploy solutions (I think I deployed the first "server-to-server" DRM solution in Rome in 1997) and some L1 and L2 support.
Since then I never had courses for new functions and I had to study and search info by myself. Well, I read enough to stop using "START_RECLAIM" and "STOP_RECLAIM" admin schedules and start using "RECLAIM_STGP" :D but sometimes I feel I miss something, and I'm not using TSM at "full force" sometimes it depends on customers that will use TSM for backup/restore operations with no advanced features like node replication, cloud storage and so on.
Moreover I think I could have some wrong certainties, maybe coming from ADSM times (I was pretty sure it was impossible to modify retention for archived data until one month ago :()
Do you know if there is any IBM (or other education) course to "fill the gap" and have a full overview of new TSM functions and advanced features?

Thanks.

Back