BA Client 8.1.7.0 & NDMP

rowl

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have read that in older clients one could use the BA Client for NDMP backup/restore operations. Can this still be done with the new 8.1.7.0 client? If so, can someone point me to some documentation on how to set that up. I am looking through the BA Client guide and there really isn't easy to follow instructions for this. Not seing anything new on YouTube either for this.

Thanks
-Rowl

I must be missing something here. I created a ndmp.opt file

COMMMETHOD TCPip
TCPSERVERADDRESS SPSERVER
TCPPORT 1700
NASNODENAME NAS_NODE_NAME
domain.nas all-nas

I run this with dsm -optfile=ndmp.opt

Then I am prompted to authenticate as the Windows client node name that I am running this from. I then use my admin account to authenticate, and I get in, and see the empty tree for the Windows client (since it has never backed up here). My admin account has classes=system privilages.

I ran a backup of the NAS, I see the volumes from the NAS when I run q fi nas_node_name or q occ

In the manual I see this comment "The root node called Nodes is not selectable. This node only appears if a NAS plug-in is present on the client workstation. ". I see a pinas.dll and a pinas.pdb in the \baclient\plugins directory, so I assume they are "present". I don't see any place where I would "install" them.

Any suggestions appreciated.
-Rowl

Back