BA client 7.1.4.4 not starting

odhammar

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
I have on three servers a problem to start the BA client, it stops at 75% "Checking agent portnumber"?? I have tried to upgrade first to 7.1.6.0 and then uninstalled every thing and installed 7.1.6.4 with the same result.
If I try to start command line dsmc so gets I just a black window, no prompt.

Windows 2012 R2 servers.

Firewall on the server is active, or antivirus prevents port communication for TCP Port 1500.

Disable as needed and test again.

Firewall is off (Controlled by GPO) and AntiVirus is centrally controlled as well so configured as all others servers with TSM running. I think I have checked everything but it still doesn't work :-(

I have on three servers a problem to start the BA client, it stops at 75% "Checking agent portnumber"?? I have tried to upgrade first to 7.1.6.0 and then uninstalled every thing and installed 7.1.6.4 with the same result.
If I try to start command line dsmc so gets I just a black window, no prompt.

Windows 2012 R2 servers.
Check you configuration file and try from your client "telnet server_name port_number" where port_number is 1500 by default.

Firewall is off (Controlled by GPO) and AntiVirus is centrally controlled as well so configured as all others servers with TSM running. I think I have checked everything but it still doesn't work :-(

Did you solve this? I have the same problem on Windows Server 2016. Both antivirus and Windows Firewall is disabled, but that didn't work.
The server responds to port 1500 when I try telnet og psping.

Hate to ping an older thread, but I did find a solution. Service(s) were unresponsive, even when restarted (no sched log activity, zero feedback when running service in foreground). GUI client hung on "Checking agent portnumber." Client v7.1.4.1

I stopped all service(s), and found a couple of "IBM..." processes still alive in task manager. I killed remaining processes and started services again, and log file feedback all looks normal. It seems that "IBM Tivoli Storage Manager AGENT Client" was the process that got hung up. Of course, a reboot would clear out any goobered processes, too. My two cents.

Back