1. Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.
    If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.
  2. Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)
    Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

BA client 7.1.4.4 not starting

Discussion in 'TSM Client' started by odhammar, Mar 14, 2017.

1. odhammar

odhammar ADSM.ORG Member

I have on three servers a problem to start the BA client, it stops at 75% "Checking agent portnumber"?? I have tried to upgrade first to 7.1.6.0 and then uninstalled every thing and installed 7.1.6.4 with the same result.
    If I try to start command line dsmc so gets I just a black window, no prompt.

Windows 2012 R2 servers.

3. moon-buddy

moon-buddy ADSM.ORG Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    Firewall on the server is active, or antivirus prevents port communication for TCP Port 1500.

Disable as needed and test again.

4. odhammar

odhammar ADSM.ORG Member

Firewall is off (Controlled by GPO) and AntiVirus is centrally controlled as well so configured as all others servers with TSM running. I think I have checked everything but it still doesn't work :-(

5. fidel

fidel ADSM.ORG Member

Check you configuration file and try from your client "telnet server_name port_number" where port_number is 1500 by default.

6. Svampebob1

Svampebob1 Newcomer

Did you solve this? I have the same problem on Windows Server 2016. Both antivirus and Windows Firewall is disabled, but that didn't work.
    The server responds to port 1500 when I try telnet og psping.