average backup time statistics script for a particular node or all nodes

rvillano

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PREDATAR Control23

Hi to all,

I have been trying to figure out a script which will display the average backup time for a node and/or for all nodes
on a tsm v6.x server for a given number of days so that I can see if the backups for a particular node is taking longer.

I plan to use the output overtime to see where a client node may be getting so long that it's interfering with the users
window etc.

I have looked through the scripts in this forum and found some great scripts but not with some type of averaging
available?

Is there any free 3rd party reporting apps that would do the job?

Best Regards,
Bob...

PREDATAR Control23

This wil give you minimum, maximum and average duration in minutes. Save as a script and run with 3 parameters: (part of) node name, (part of) schedule name and #days. You can use * as a wildcard for node and/or schedule name.

Code:
tsm: TSM>run avgmin sanc * 30

NODE                SCHEDULE            ACTIVITY          MIN_MINUTES         MAX_MINUTES         AVG_MINUTES
---------------     ---------------     ---------     ---------------     ---------------     ---------------
SANCUS1             WIN_INCR_0200       BACKUP                     21                  95                  69
SANCUS2             WIN_INCR_0200       BACKUP                     19                  93                  55
SANCUS3             WIN_INCR_0200       BACKUP                     27                 265                 134
SANCUS4             WIN_INCR_0200       BACKUP                      1                  26                   2
SANCUS5             WIN_INCR_0200       BACKUP                     27                 174                  99
ANR1462I RUN: Command script AVGMIN completed successfully.

tsm: TSM>run avgmin * full 30

NODE                SCHEDULE            ACTIVITY          MIN_MINUTES         MAX_MINUTES         AVG_MINUTES
---------------     ---------------     ---------     ---------------     ---------------     ---------------
AEOLUS2_NOTES       DOM_FULL_SAT        BACKUP                      6                   6                   6
BOREAS1_NOTES       DOM_FULL_SAT        BACKUP                    412                 451                 430
BOREAS2_NOTES       DOM_FULL_SAT        BACKUP                    410                 414                 411
NOTUS1_NOTES        DOM_FULL_SAT        BACKUP                      4                   7                   5
VTTDOMARCH01_N      DOM_FULL_FRI        BACKUP                    143                 148                 146
VZTDOMARCH01_N      DOM_FULL_FRI        BACKUP                    209                 218                 214
ANR1462I RUN: Command script AVGMIN completed successfully.

Code:
SELECT -
  VARCHAR(entity,14) node, -
  VARCHAR(schedule_name,14) schedule, -
  VARCHAR(activity,7) activity, -
  CAST(MIN(TIMESTAMPDIFF(4,end_time-start_time)) AS DEC(12,0)) min_minutes, -
  CAST(MAX(TIMESTAMPDIFF(4,end_time-start_time)) AS DEC(12,0)) max_minutes, -
  CAST(AVG(TIMESTAMPDIFF(4,end_time-start_time)) AS DEC(12,0)) avg_minutes -
FROM -
  summary -
WHERE -
  activity IN ('BACKUP','ARCHIVE') -