Automated deletion script with replication

LarsWeinreich

Newcomer
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi all

First of all, this is my first post here, so thanks for letting me part of this community :D

I am currently creating a script that will handle deletion of replicated nodes on a server and would like a sanity check.

I am using TSM scripting to achieve my goal and I send the following commands to the server:

DEFINE SCRIPT {uniquescriptname}
UPDATE SCRIPT {uniquescriptname} 'REMOVE REPLNODE {nodename} WAIT=YES' LINE=2
UPDATE SCRIPT {uniquescriptname} 'DELETE FILESPACE {nodename} * WAIT=YES' LINE=3
UPDATE SCRIPT {uniquescriptname} 'REMOVE NODE {nodename}' LINE=4
RUN {uniquescriptname}
DELETE SCRIPT {uniquescriptname}
{replicationservername}: DEFINE SCRIPT {uniquescriptname}
{replicationservername}: UPDATE SCRIPT {uniquescriptname} 'DELETE FILESPACE {nodename} * WAIT=YES' LINE=2
{replicationservername}: UPDATE SCRIPT {uniquescriptname} 'REMOVE NODE {nodename}' LINE=3
{replicationservername}: RUN {uniquescriptname}
{replicationservername}: DELETE SCRIPT {uniquescriptname}

The problem I am facing is that when running the script I get the following message:
ANR1633E REMOVE NODE: Node {nodename} is set up for replication and cannot be renamed or removed.

I find it strange that I get this message as I actually use the command REMOVE REPLNODE and await it.
I send each command to the server one after another and check the response from each command before advancing to the next.
Also; Should I put WAIT=YES when using the REMOVE NODE command?
I hope someone is able to shed some light on this problem.

PREDATAR Control23

The problem I am facing is that when running the script I get the following message:
ANR1633E REMOVE NODE: Node {nodename} is set up for replication and cannot be renamed or removed.
Welcome aboard.

Are you getting this error on the source or target?

PREDATAR Control23

Try to do update node {nodename} replmode=disabled before the remove. The remove replnode only impacts the source.

PREDATAR Control23

Thanks. I didn't realise that replication was also on the target node. Using REMOVE REPLNODE on the target server seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks so much for the help.