Authentication Error in TDP for Oracle

Hiten

Unregistered / Unconfirmed
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi,
I have IBM Spectrum protect server installed and wish to configure TDP for Oracle backup. Required policy, node name for TDP etc on server registered. When i tried to update password from client using 'tdpoconf password' it show password properly updated. But when we try to run command 'tdpoconf showenv' it gives below error and i can't configure the TDP.

ANS1025E (RC137) Session rejected: Authentication failure
01/27/2020 20:09:29 TID<11004> ==> ANS1025E (RC137) Session rejected: Authentication failure

OS and Other Details are as below:
TSM OS: Windows 2012 R2
IBM Spectrum Protect version:8.1.6.100
TDP Oracle Version:7.1.3.0
TSM Client OS: Windows 2012 R2

Beside the same i made changes in opt file and made passwordaccess 'generate' and also updated my TDP node with sessionsecurity=transactional. I am unable to understand why error reports in log?

PREDATAR Control23

Did you check if there is no compatibility issue?
Might also be a permission problem on the passwordfile.

PREDATAR Control23

sessionsecurity=transactional ,will be required if both the server and client required security (7.1.8 and later version).
could we have the error from the TSM activity log ?

PREDATAR Control23

Like in may case it was 2 nodes from 1 server. Find the exact node name and reset password in TSM server. Give full permission to files which TDP is accessing and try to reset again.

PREDATAR Control23

I have done sessionsecurity=transactional and checked permissions also but could not connect the same. Later i got clue to remote password file path from opt file and then when i tried it got connected. But still backup not working.