ASR/BMR Windows 2008 Fail

dcz01

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hello,

i have a great Problem. I need to recover an Windows 2008-Server with the TSM WinPE-CD what i created, but i always get that error (the error details are from the ibm homepage):
ANS0423E

Directory 'filespace namepath-namefile-name' cannot be created. Path does not exist.
Explanation

The operating system returned a "path not found" status when IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager attempted to create the directory needed for Automated System Recovery (ASR). One possible reason is that a multi disk system is restored to a single disk system.

System action

Processing stopped.

User response

Please verify that you are restoring to identical hardware and try again.

I use the 7.1 Client Version and i tested it with Windows 7, Server 2008 R2 and Server 2012 R2 with had done it with no problems.
I have used the exact same hardware for the backup and the recovery (BMR). I get this problem only with Vista/2008. Could it be the 100MB or 350MB-Partition (this partition is availibe in win 7/2008r2/2012, but not in win vista/2008 )?

Last edited:
PREDATAR Control23

I solved it today now myself... The Problem is, that the TSM Client doesn't backup the "C:\Boot"-Folder, what is needed by the ASR-Process to Restore the wohle System.
In the Client there must be added only one Line in the Include/Exclude-List (see Picture).

Win2008.jpg

Now the BMR (ASR) is good functional :)

PREDATAR Control23

Well, now i tested it again, but now its functional without the entry in the Include/Exclude-List of the dsm.opt file.
I think that my WinPE-Live-CD was the problem, because it was a build 6.1.7600 and now i have a 6.1.7601 witch means, that its the Win7/2008R2 SP1-CD.
But im not sure, what it is now... but it works and thats the important thing about it ;)