AS400 As a TSM client Help request

rvillano

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PREDATAR Control23

Hello To all in this forum,

I have a perspective customer who is using BRMS for backup to a stand alone tape drive. They want to use their existing TSM Server to
perform the backup. I have NO experience with the as400 types of servers in TSM. I have searched this forum and have found some good starting information but saw most of the posts are from a couple years back.

would some one who has current experience with this please provide me with some information on:
- How to do this
- Install The API
- TASK list
- Checklist
- Any things to watch out for

Thank you very much and Best Regards,

Bob...

PREDATAR Control23

Hello To all in this forum,

I have a perspective customer who is using BRMS for backup to a stand alone tape drive. They want to use their existing TSM Server to
perform the backup. I have NO experience with the as400 types of servers in TSM. I have searched this forum and have found some good starting information but saw most of the posts are from a couple years back.

would some one who has current experience with this please provide me with some information on:
- How to do this
- Install The API
- TASK list
- Checklist
- Any things to watch out for

Thank you very much and Best Regards,

Bob...

It has been a long time since I configured an AS400 backup to TSM.

The client is built-in (BRMS) with AS400 (like DB2). I used the AS400 Admin Guide to configure the backup and all went according to the write up.

Sorry, could not remember much details.

I hope someone in the forum is still active with AS400.

PREDATAR Control23

Thanks Ed,

I have been looking on the TSM Wiki site and found some info there. I will see if I can find a AS400 admin guide.
If any one is still using the as400 as a client to TSM I hope they will post to the forum.

Bob...

PREDATAR Control23

Hi.
Am also looking how to configure as400 with tsm. My company wants to backup db2 database on as400 using the tsm server.
I dont have any experience with as400. Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks