Archiving from Existing STGPOOL

BDMcGrew

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I've got a few TB of data that I need to archive but it's a slow connection and took forever to ingest all the data from the clients into the server. Is there any way I can archive data that is in an existing storage pool without having to transfer it over the wire again?

Right now, my primary storage pool is DISKPOOL and that migrates to TAPEPOOL at 80%. When daily incrementals are done it all gets backed up to DRMTPOOL along with a full DBB to tape (and disk) and taken off-site.

All the data I want to archive is already in the TSM server. How can I go about telling TSM to archive it without having to re-transfer it from the client? ((( It was ~45 days worth of transfer time )))

Thanks!

Bad news.
You can not change backup data into archive data or visa versa.
Only way to archive the data, is to perform an archive.

Just a thought .
Why not generate a backupset from the TSM Server?
Or export the node's data?

Good Luck,
Sias

Bad news.
You can not change backup data into archive data or visa versa.
Only way to archive the data, is to perform an archive.

Just a thought .
Why not generate a backupset from the TSM Server?
Or export the node's data?

Good Luck,
Sias
I know this post is a bit over a month old but I have the same question with some changes. We currently do scheduled backupsets and I was hoping to accomplish the task using only the data on tivoli as opposed to having to go out to the nodes again just to dump them on tape.

Since that seems to not be possible. Is it better to have many small nodegroups for backupsets (say 5 to 10 servers), and on average does that only collect a single point in time for the server basically of the day it started the backupset for the clients in the nodegroup?

We have a current backupset job that takes over a week for a single node due and of course I'd really like to shorten that up quite a bit if at all possible. Are there any good 'tips and tricks' for backupsets?

Back