Archive files not showing available for retrieve

mirrorsaw

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I have about 5TB of archive data for a node, but only about half of it is available when I run a RETRIEVE. Using SELECT * FROM ARCHIVES I can see the files I want, but a RETRIEVE command with -PICK only shows files going back to a certain date, and the ones I want simply don't show at all.

I know there's no -INACT argument when it comes to archives, so I don't think it's a matter of my display options.

I also considered expiry, but a Q ARCHIVE shows all of the other files for this node with expiry in about a year from now (which matches the copygroup settings). Also I would think that if files had expired, they wouldn't show in the SELECT statement either.

So it's like the data is there, but the metadata has been lost. Is there anything else that would cause archive files to be 'hidden' from view? I've attached an example screenshot.

Attachments

• cap2.JPG
    cap2.JPG
    233 KB · Views: 3
I don't know if with the -PICK option if the ouput is sorted by name or date. Use the fromdate and todate options to filter out the day you want to retrieve, that will make for a shorter output. That's would be using the archive date you see in Q ARCHIVE or in the SELECT.

Hi Marclant,
That's a good shout but in this case I'm being very specific with my retrieve command, so that PICK is only displaying a couple of files - and the ones I'm looking for definitely aren't listed (but show up in the DB2 query).

Maybe you're too specific. If you see them in Q ARCHIVE, they should show in RETRIEVE -PICK if you use the same file specification and option.

No no that's the thing - they're not in Q ARCHIVE. They're only in SELECT * FROM ARCHIVES.

I see in your select, there's an owner, that's typically blank unless you use an agent/proxy to perform the backup.

Are you sure you are logged in as the right node?

Back