Archival logging error in Domino

Hema

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm getting the below error message when trying to run a archive for domino client.

ACD5615E You cannot archive a Domino Log file when logging is turned off.
Domino return code: 5119.

The client is scheduled to have the transaction log backup and archive. both the backups were happening fine,recently we migrated the client to new TSM server from where the backup fails with the above error.

I understand that the archival logging needs to be enabled at Domino server level to have the backups run. Not sure whether changing the logging to archive will impact the transcation log backup.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Hema

I understand that the archival logging needs to be enabled at Domino server level to have the backups run. Not sure whether changing the logging to archive will impact the transcation log backup

ACD5615E You cannot archive a Domino Log file when logging is turned off.
Domino return code: 5119.

Go staright to your Domino admin!! And ACD5615E is a message outside TSM!!

good luck

Go staright to your Domino admin!! And ACD5615E is a message outside TSM!!

good luck

I understand that the archival logging needs to be enabled at Domino server level to have the backups run. Not sure whether changing the logging to archive will impact the transcation log backup.

It sure does affect!!!

Hi,

I have a similar problem. In Domino, Archival logging is enabled but when I try to backup archive logs, "ACD5615E You cannot archive a Domino Log file when logging is turned off." message returned.
I restarted the server, disable and enable archival logging and restart domino but nothing changed. I queried the domdsmc query domino command and it shows no logging. I'm sure that archival logging is enabled.
Domino Server Name: LotusServername
Domino Server Level: 8.5.3.0
Domino Server Build: 390
Logging: No Logging

TDP for Domino version is 5.5.3.0

Plase help

Hi
try to check:
- you use Domino's Server Document for change logging type and correct restart Domino service (Domino console command: exit, quit or s - I don't remember, wait 1 min, start service again)
- you use correct notes.ini file (use command: domdsmc query preferences).
- if you use RDP you must use mstsc /console when connects to Domino.
Efim

Hi,
checked thoose settings. ini file path is correct, also translog option is 1 in notes.ini file. everything is ok on the Domino side (as domino admin said)
still i get no logging message when querying the domino.

Hi,
Domino admin must use Domino's Server Document for change logging type. Don't change it directly in the notes.ini because it always overwritten by the values from the server document.

Efim

Last edited:
logging type has been changed from the server document.

any idea?

If you enable transaction logging, you must restart the domino instance so that the change takes effect.

ideas:
Do you use right bit technology for TDP, OS and Domino?
Are databases copied without an error (selective) ?
Efim

they are all 64bit.

and selective backup works fine.

:) on domino console type:
1. SHOW STAT DATABASE.RM.*
we need parameters: Database.RM.Sys.Logged,Database.RM.Sys.Log.Type and Database.RM.Sys.Phase
2. show server
we need parameter: Transactional Logging:

Efim

Back