ANS1999E Incremental processing stopped on win2k3

sandragon

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I've gone through IBM's documentation, as well as searched these forums and have been unable to find an answer to this particular problem. Before I get a ticket open with IBM, I want to see if anyone else has had this issue.

All backups of the C:\ on this particular system fail after 1 object inspected. The only error code is ANS1999E Incremental processing of '\\SERVER\c$' stopped.
Error log contains no other info.

The backup will run for about 00:02:30 before failing with this code.

TSM: 6.3.2.0

Error occurs with and without VSS snapshotting.

Any ideas?

You could try tracing: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowled....itsm.tshoot.doc/t_pdg_enblclitraceoncli.html

Recreate the problem with tracing. Review the trace after and start at the time you get ANS1999E and work your way upwards looking for an error that. It may be in plain English or cryptic, you'll only know once you find it. Then search both on Google and IBM for the error you get in the trace see if you find a solution.

Ok try executing an incremental on individual folders on the server. What happens? Then go to the next level and try running a manual incremental? What happens if you run a selective on the files in the root of C:? If those all run successfully it could be a scheduler issue. What is the OS version and TSM client version?

Back