ANS1751E Error processing '\\servername\f$\data1_old': The file system can not be accessed

CharlieTSM

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hello team,

I have the following error on my dsmerror file on the client

01/28/2020 20:32:46 ANS1751E Error processing '\\servername\f$\data1_old': The file system can not be accessed.
01/28/2020 20:33:29 ANS1071E Invalid domain name entered: '(Drive Not Available)'

On my opt file my exclude is working for all directories but for data1_old it is not

Here it is how it is set on my OPT

exclude.dir data1_old

I wonder if it has something to do with the drive f$ error that is shown below that line

Thanks

PREDATAR Control23

does "f:\data1_old" is a file system or a directory ? and what is your schedule command ?
also what is the output of : dsmc q inclexc

PREDATAR Control23

Hello,

data1_old is a mounted volume that is supposed to be accesible on the system but it is not, windows show it but when you click on it it says that is unavailable and that make sure that the device or drive is connected to the system.

I can see it present with the q inclexc command

Excl Directory *\...\data1_old dsm.opt

When you said to check the schedule command I found out that the line schedmode prompted was missing from the opt file!

I just added that line and will wait for tonight to see if the backup succeeds.

Thanks man

PREDATAR Control23

Excl Directory *\...\data1_old dsm.opt
That's to exclude the content of the directory, that doesn't stop Spectrum Protect from checking the filesystem.

You would have do this with a domain option:
Code:
domain all-local
domain -f:\data1_old

PREDATAR Control23

Thanks buddy,

I added the line on the opt:
domain -f:\data1_old

but sadly it keeps failing

01/30/2020 20:13:41 ANS1751E Error processing '\\servername\f$\data1_old': The file system can not be accessed.
01/30/2020 20:17:41 ANS1071E Invalid domain name entered: '(Drive Not Available)'

PREDATAR Control23

Are the other filesystems backed up successfully?

PREDATAR Control23

There are other mounted volumes that are backed up on the F Drive: ei: f:\data1, f:\data2, f:\data3, all of them are shown on the windows explorer with kind of a "device" icon, but f:\data1_old is shown with a folder icon and when i click on it it says that f:\data1_old is unavailable

f:\data1_old is not shown when i run the mountvol command so i cannot unmount it

PREDATAR Control23

Yes, access is denied, Windows team said disk was removed but data was encrypted so we cannot delete the mount point. We will need to raise a request to a different team in order to remove encryption in all these volumes in all servers.
What seems interesting to me is that TSM cannot avoid to read on these volumes so we get all these failures

PREDATAR Control23

did you check "dsmc q inclexc" just to make sure there is no include statement for that specific mount is forced by the server ?

PREDATAR Control23

did you check "dsmc q inclexc" just to make sure there is no include statement for that specific mount is forced by the server ?
That won't help, it's giving the error much earlier in the backup, and that filesystem is already skipped with the domain option.

PREDATAR Control23

Yes, access is denied,
You need to be logged in as administrator and start the Command Window as Administrator.
1580822163268.png

What seems interesting to me is that TSM cannot avoid to read on these volumes so we get all these failures
It's like that by design. The Spectrum Protect gets the list of ALL filesystems from Windows then tries to get the attributes for each filesystem before processing domain and include/excludes. Windows gives the same error to Spectrum Protect when trying to get the attributes as you get when you try to access that filesystem.

Since the volume is not on the system, you confirmed by not seeing it in "mountvol", just just need to successfully run "mountvol /r" to remove all filesystems that don't exist from the Windows registry.
1580822541867.png

PREDATAR Control23

Thank you all, I dont have permissions to run mountvol /r and Windows team could remove the mountpoint because it has some kind of encrypted pointguard set by Vormetric.

What i did was to remove the all-local domain and specify each domain individually and now my backups are running fine

Thank you all for your help!

PREDATAR Control23

What i did was to remove the all-local domain and specify each domain individually and now my backups are running fine
That's a valid workaround for now until the Windows team removes the mountpoint for the old filesystem. Just keep in mind that if you add new filesystems, you will need to add extra domain options for them. That's one advantage to use domain all-local, if you add new local filesystems, they are automatically backed up.