ANS1592E SSL Connection Error

booman55

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
I've got this error in the past and documented fixes aren't working. I've got a SP 8.1.4 on RHEL x86 installed and I just installed the OC on Windows server and upgraded the B\A client on TSM server to 8.1.4

I'm getting SSL errors on both when trying to login. On TSM server when trying to do dsmadmc I get ANS1592E SSL error. I moved the cert file in TSM home and restarted instance and also ran the gsk8capicmd set default command for SHA key file and restarted instance again and still not able to login to dsmadmc console.

Any ideas???

Hi,

Just a longshot. But when you look at the traceouput from the client.

dsmc -traceflags=service -tracefile=output.txt

This should give you a clue what is not working properly.

SSL has a long list of potential errors.

Please supply dsm.sys and dsm.opt to start with.

I've got this error in the past and documented fixes aren't working. I've got a SP 8.1.4 on RHEL x86 installed and I just installed the OC on Windows server and upgraded the B\A client on TSM server to 8.1.4

I'm getting SSL errors on both when trying to login. On TSM server when trying to do dsmadmc I get ANS1592E SSL error. I moved the cert file in TSM home and restarted instance and also ran the gsk8capicmd set default command for SHA key file and restarted instance again and still not able to login to dsmadmc console.

Any ideas???

I'm trying to login with dsmadmc, not dsmc. In order to update session security I would have to halt the instance and run it foreground.

Solved: sort of :) For whatever reason, the admin ID I was using to login didn't exist. I started the server in the foreground to see if I could see more descriptive error messages and to query admin ID and it didn't exist. I could have sworn I created it previously but I may have whacked it during re-install. I'm going to mark this down as fluke.

Back