ANS1351e error after database restore

TheLad

Newcomer
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

hi
We had to use our recovery plan to get our server backup on line, since then I receive the above error saying all sessions are currently in use.
Our system is very very old. The TSM server is on a windows 2000 box and our clients are netware 6.5
If anyone can help it would be highly appreciated
thanks

PREDATAR Control23

If I Google that error message, first hit is the help on this error message:
ANS1351E Session rejected: All server sessions are currently in use

Explanation
IBM Spectrum Protect has all available sessions in use and cannot accept a new one at this time.
System action
Current operation has been cancelled.
User response
Retry the operation. If the problem continues, see your system administrator to increase the number of concurrently active sessions to the server.

PREDATAR Control23

If I Google that error message, first hit is the help on this error message:
Thanks, read that and I am the admin;)
I've checked and there are no sessions running. I did do the Q status command from the tsm server and found central scheduler was disabled. Could this be the problem? how do I enable it?

PREDATAR Control23

With the central scheduler disabled, schedules won't be able to run. So that would be a problem.

The central scheduler starts automatically, so if it didn't start, there's an issue. Check the activity log when the server last started and look for errors or warnings when the server initializes everything.

PREDATAR Control23

With the central scheduler disabled, schedules won't be able to run. So that would be a problem.

The central scheduler starts automatically, so if it didn't start, there's an issue. Check the activity log when the server last started and look for errors or warnings when the server initializes everything.
thanks for that. I have no idea what I'm looking for though. There is a service called ibmwebsphere that it sn't starting could that be it?

PREDATAR Control23

You look for any warning (ANR####W) or errors (ANR####E) messages. Look for keywords like: fail, error, disabled, etc. If the scheduler started, you'd see this message ANR2560I Schedule manager started. within a few minutes of the server being started.

Do query status and look at the server last start date/time, subtract 5 minutes from that, and use that date/time in this command:
query actlog begindate=mm/dd/yyyy begintime=hh:mm

Oh, and to do the restore, did you add lines to dsmserv.opt to put the server in maintenance mode? If so, now would be a good time to remove them and restart the server. One of those lines is often disablesched yes, that will tell the central scheduler not to start, that may explain why it's disabled.

PREDATAR Control23

Thanks for your reply, I meant to post earlier. I've fixed it. Yes you're right the line disablesched yes was added.
I'd checked the opt file a few times but in main body of the file disablescheds was flagged as no. I decided to just go through the entire file and right at the bottom was the command disablescheds yes.
Changed this and BANG all working again.
Thanks for all the help. I'll be back again though because I've got another site server that is giving me serious hassle. But for the moment Thank you and see you soon