ANS1149E No domain available for incremental backup HELP!!

PaulaB

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Fellow TSM'rs

Im having a bit (lot!) of trouble with a new Linux86 Client. We are currently running TSM on AIX5.1.1.0.

I keep getting the error above when the client attempts to run a schedules inc backup.

I need to get this solved ASAP or the boss will have me!!

Thanks in advance to the guru who solves my problem

Paula :confused:

Paula,

This is a common problem/issue with older TSM clients and RedHat Linux clients that utilize the EXT3/ReiserFS file system, i.e. V7.

The solution is to upgrade the client to V5.1 since this version of the TSM client supports EXT3. If we are using TSM client 5.1.0.0 I would suggest to upgrade to THE latest version of the client to elininate the code. Being at the base level of the code is usally not a good place to be.

I would check the ftp site to make sure that we are using THE most current client code.

This is were you find the latest client code.

ftp://storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/client

If we are at THE latest client code. I would check to see if there is any latest patch, before installing a patch I would read the "readme" file to see if the patch address the issue that we are experiencing.

Here is were you will find the latest patch.

ftp://storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches

A caution about patches, the code have not been fully tested. The code could fix the problem and possibly introduce a new unknown issue.

If we are using THE latest 5.1 client code, add VIRTUALMOUNTPOINTstatements to your DSM.SYS.

If you only have 2 local file systems: / and /boot .

In the dsm.sys file add the following:

VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT "/"

VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT "/boot"

etc. for all other ext3 filesystems

When you do this the filesystems still won't show up in the

backup GUI, but they WILL back up via the scheduler or the command line, and they

show up OK in the restore GUI window.

If the virtualmountpoint does not work added domain / and /boot in the dsm.sys (or options file).

If the above solution does not work call support to see if there is another solution.

I would not suggest this, but if you have experience with converting file system from EXT3 to EXT2.:-o

On your Linux box you can: Convert the ext3 filesystems back to ext2.

This is very dangerous thing to do on converting filesystem. I had some very bad experiences with converting the filesytem. I was given very bad information by some X-coworker! :evil:

Sias

Back