ANS1007E Invalid Option/Value: '-nwipcport=48794'

jgrimm01

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
I'm testing the new Netware 5.1.5 client and the DSMCAD scheduling options, and when I load the dsmcad it tries to execute but returns the error listed above. The scheduler works just fine when I rem out the 'managedservices' parameter in the opt file, so I'm not sure whats going on here...I can't find anything related to nwipcport in the opt file, and each time I run the dsmcad command the parameter listed at the end of the error changes...

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

But it helps only for a while. I see this phenomenon appearing every one to three weeks on different servers here at the University of Regensburg. It seems to be related to the IP services

the servers serve. It did not happen on pure file and print servers but on servers which also doing some FTP or GroupWise. It seems that DSMCAD beleaves it runs out of ports. It starts

to happen after the TSM client update to 5.1.5

Booting a server is not a real solution. Does anyone has a fix for this problem?

IBM has confirmed that this is a bug with DSMCAD: DSMCAD cannot use ports beyond 30000.

Well, that is no explanation for not using free ports below 30000 or changing this port at all..

According to IBM it will be fixed with client 5.2. I hope for an APAR fix sooner...

(It's not fixed with v5r1l5 f5)

Adio,

Gerd

Since yesterday a fix for this problem is available - according to the readme: v5r1l5 f6

It's on the ADSM sites and named IP22544_6.EXE. I will install it in the upcoming days.

HTH,

Gerd

Back