ANR9613W Error loading /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmlicense for Licensing function

drrobert6

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
I have a TSM server running on 6.2.1. I have had it installed for about a month now running backups without issue. Yesterday we had to reboot the AIX box TSM is running on. I went to run a manual backup on one of our clients and I got a message about TSM being out of licenses and the backup failed. (This is the first time I had received this message) I checked TSM and it said I was out of compliance. I attempted to register the license and received "ANR9613W Error loading /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmlicense for Licensing function: One or more symbols missing." I am unable to find any information on this error with the function "one or more symbols missing" anywhere. I ended up running a DB restore back to the first DB backup a month ago, and still receive the same error message. No changes have been done to AIX or TSM...except a reboot of the system yesterday.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jim Jelf

As with other TSM related items, there is a 30 day free trial. I believe the reboot was coincidence.

I have yet to setup 6.2 but if it's like 5.5.3 find you license file and then
reg lic file=****

Yeah, tried to register the license...that's where I get the ANR9613W message.

Yes, I tried both REGISTER LICENSE FILE=tsmbasic.lic and REGISTER LICENSE FILE=/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/tsmbasic.lic get the same results for both.

Was this a fresh install or upgrade?

Fresh install. I installed just over a month ago and had been backing up to it with no problems, until we bounced AIX & TSM yesterday.

Back