1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

ANR9613W Error loading /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmlicense for Licensing function

Discussion in 'TSM Server' started by drrobert6, Sep 7, 2010.

1. drrobert6

drrobert6 New Member

Storage Engineer
    I have a TSM server running on 6.2.1. I have had it installed for about a month now running backups without issue. Yesterday we had to reboot the AIX box TSM is running on. I went to run a manual backup on one of our clients and I got a message about TSM being out of licenses and the backup failed. (This is the first time I had received this message) I checked TSM and it said I was out of compliance. I attempted to register the license and received "ANR9613W Error loading /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmlicense for Licensing function: One or more symbols missing." I am unable to find any information on this error with the function "one or more symbols missing" anywhere. I ended up running a DB restore back to the first DB backup a month ago, and still receive the same error message. No changes have been done to AIX or TSM...except a reboot of the system yesterday.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Jim Jelf

3. Raakin

Raakin Senior Member

As with other TSM related items, there is a 30 day free trial. I believe the reboot was coincidence.

I have yet to setup 6.2 but if it's like 5.5.3 find you license file and then
    reg lic file=****

4. drrobert6

drrobert6 New Member

Storage Engineer
    Yeah, tried to register the license...that's where I get the ANR9613W message.

5. chad_small

chad_small Moderator

AIX/SAN/TSM
    did you use the full path name with the file?

6. drrobert6

drrobert6 New Member

Storage Engineer
    Yes, I tried both REGISTER LICENSE FILE=tsmbasic.lic and REGISTER LICENSE FILE=/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/tsmbasic.lic get the same results for both.

7. Raakin

Raakin Senior Member

Was this a fresh install or upgrade?

8. drrobert6

drrobert6 New Member

Storage Engineer
    Fresh install. I installed just over a month ago and had been backing up to it with no problems, until we bounced AIX & TSM yesterday.