• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

ANR8807W

dkane

ADSM.ORG Member
HI,

I use DRM . When I return volumes in my library I obtain this message 'ANR8807W'. The command that I se is " checkin libv LB2.1.0.3 search=yes checkl=barcode stat=scr ".

What can I do?

THANKS

BDMcGrew

ADSM.ORG Member
G'morning all... I know this is a really old thread, but I have a quick question regarding checking in volumes...

Normally, checkin libv works fine for DRM. But, if the volumes have already been deleted from volhist, then it fails. The only other way I know to get the volumes checked back in is to label libv overwrite=yes. Is there another method or checking in volumes that are already labeled, but have been deleted from volhist?

Also, how long does everyone keep their volhist around for? Normally I keep mine for 31 days but now that I'm seeing some volumes being dropped, I might extend that.

Thanks!

-b

moon-buddy

ADSM.ORG Moderator
That is the only way to checkin volumes that have been deleted.

I only keep 8 days to coincide with the DB retention policy of 8 days.

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 4 10.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sladewetps