ANR6918W Recovery instruction file not found

shahzeb

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Once I ran prepare statement for DRM I get the following errors:

01/15/2004 16:00:09 ANR6918W PREPARE: Recovery instructions file D:\D RM\INSTRUCTIONS\RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.GENERAL not found.

(SESSION: 114, PROCESS: 5)

01/15/2004 16:00:09 ANR6918W PREPARE: Recovery instructions file D:\D RM\INSTRUCTIONS\RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.OFFSITE not found.

01/15/2004 16:00:09 ANR6918W PREPARE: Recovery instructions file D:\D RM\INSTRUCTIONS\RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.INSTALL not found.

01/15/2004 16:00:09 ANR6918W PREPARE: Recovery instructions file D:\D RM\INSTRUCTIONS\RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.DATABASE not found.

01/15/2004 16:00:09 ANR6918W PREPARE: Recovery instructions file D:\D RM\INSTRUCTIONS\RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.STGPOOL not found.

01/15/2004 16:00:09 ANR6924W PREPARE: No recovery instructions defined for

machine XXXXXXX. (SESSION: 114, PROCESS: 5)

I have defined all the files in the right place, and also check the spellings, permission for the files, and the directories. Can anybody please suggest me, what else I should check.

By the I am running TSM Server Version: 5.2.2.0 with OS Windows 2000 SP4.

Thanks.

:confused:

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Once I ran prepare statement for DRM I get the following errors:

01/15/2004 16:00:09 ANR6918W PREPARE: Recovery instructions file D:D RMINSTRUCTIONSRECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.GENERAL not found.

01/15/2004 16:00:09 ANR6918W PREPARE: Recovery instructions file D:D RMINSTRUCTIONSRECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.OFFSITE not found.

01/15/2004 16:00:09 ANR6918W PREPARE: Recovery instructions file D:D RMINSTRUCTIONSRECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.INSTALL not found.

01/15/2004 16:00:09 ANR6918W PREPARE: Recovery instructions file D:D RMINSTRUCTIONSRECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.DATABASE not found.

01/15/2004 16:00:09 ANR6918W PREPARE: Recovery instructions file D:D RMINSTRUCTIONSRECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.STGPOOL not found.

01/15/2004 16:00:09 ANR6924W PREPARE: No recovery instructions defined for

machine XXXXXXX. (SESSION: 114, PROCESS: 5)

I have defined all the files in the right place, and also check the spellings, permission for the files, and the directories. Can anybody please suggest me, what else I should check.

By the I am running TSM Server Version: 5.2.2.0 with OS Windows 2000 SP4.

Thanks.

:confused: </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I think that you forgot the instruction plan prefix... you need to set the prefix in the DRM status and than rename the file as above:

example: prefix.RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.OFFSITE

Ciao!

Ps: Sorry for my bad english.

Need to create a file called RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.GENERAL in D:\D RM\INSTRUCTIONS\

In the file RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.GENERAL would need to have something like this:

Recovery Instructions for Tivoli Storage Manager Server ACMESRV on system ZEUS

Joe Smith (wk 002-000-1111 hm 002-003-0000): primary system programmer

Sally Doe (wk 002-000-1112 hm 002-005-0000): primary recovery administrator

Jane Smith (wk 002-000-1113 hm 002-004-0000): responsible manager

Security Considerations:

Joe Smith has the password for the Admin ID ACMEADM. If Joe is unavailable,

you need to either issue SET AUTHENTICATION OFF or define a new

administrative user ID at the replacement Tivoli Storage Manager server

DRM is not going to create the file called RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.GENERAL nor is it going to fill in the information for you.

In the TSM Admin Guide there is a Chapter about DRM and examples of what to be place in the files.

Good Luck,

Sias :)

Hi --

I realize this question is 2 years old now; however, I have the exact same problem that SHAHZEB describes below on my own TSM 5.2.6 Server (also WINDOWS 2K OS w/SP4) and in my case, the setup follows the guidelines set down in the documentation, yet my TSM DRM continues to generate the ANR6918W error, and I've no idea why.

I have created the necessary instruction files in NOTEPAD and have named them as the TSM documentation specifies and placed them in the location specified by my DRMSTATUS information with the necessary prefix; i.e.

Per DRMSTATUS:

RECOVERY PLAN PREFIX: C:\TSMDRM\PLAN\BACKUPSVR

PLAN INSTRUCTIONS PREFIX: C:\TSMDRM\PLAN\INSTRUCTION\BACKUPSVR

in the path "C:\TSMDRM\PLAN\INSTRUCTION\", I have the necessary TEXT files:

BACKUPSVR.RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.GENERAL

BACKUPSVR.RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.OFFSITE

BACKUPSVR.RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.INSTALL

" " " .STGPOOL

" " " .DATABASE

This subdirectory is accessible by the ADMIN system. However, when my TSM system runs PREPARE, the ANR6918W error still pops up!

Can anyone give me any other indication as to why TSM would "ignore" their presence? I haved searched through IBM's support website and perused the documentation without success. Please advise; thanks!

Hi again; I figured out what I was doing wrong --

I presumed my files were named correctly becaused they appeared to be so in a WIN Explorer window; however, doing a DIR command in a Command Line window showed the prescence of a .txt extension on each of the files, i.e.,

BACKUPSVR.RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.GENERAL in WIN Explorer appeared as

BACKUPSVR.RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.GENERAL.txt in a Command Line window.

Simply renaming the files in the Command Line window to remove the .txt extension fixed my issue.

Hope this info helps someone else!

By default, Windows (2000, XP, 2003) will attempt to hide file extensions for files it knows how to handle (.txt, .jpg, .doc, etc) You can turn this feature off in the tools section of Windows Explorer. It seems to bite more people than help them. Glad you found a fix to your problem.

-Aaron

I know this is an old thread but I just recently came across the same thing... I don't ever recall seeing these messages appear in TSM Manager. Would there be any reason why they would just disappear? Or were they never set up to begin with?

I know this is an old thread but I just recently came across the same thing... I don't ever recall seeing these messages appear in TSM Manager. Would there be any reason why they would just disappear? Or were they never set up to begin with?
In your case it's likely the opposite: someone probably set up the DRM before your time.

You're right. I'm still finding a lot of strange TSM behavior due to my predecessors.

Back