ANR3633I - volume contains files that have not been backed up

jamesmacd40

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I am trying to figure out why i am getting ANR3633I messages in the actlog (SP v8.1.1.100). during reclamation processing
the daily processing is as follows
Backups over night - all show complete - no other backups occur during the day at this time.
Backup storage pool - deduppool(file dev class) to LTO7 devclass - successful
DBBACKUP to LTO5 - successful
Expiration - successful
Reclamation - these information messages appear during the reclamation processing

I dont get it, as the backup stgpool process completes successfully, so i would think that the ANR3633I message should not be generated i would think?

I have looked for any hints on fixing this, the only thing i can see is changing deduplicationrequiresbackup to no, which i dont want to do (tried it before though), i have no collocation groups set up (i recall seeing something on the IBM site about disabling collocation)
I also tried deleting the copypool volumes and running a backup storage pool from scratch, it ran to completion, i did not see any messages, but a few days later they appeared again during reclamation.

My understanding is that ba storage pool command is supposed to grab anything new from the primary stgpool and copy it to copypool.

anyone have any suggestions?

Back