ANR2984E Error issues with new TSM6.3 install.

kofs79

Newcomer
Reaction score
I have installed a new 6.3.0.0 server running on AIX 7100-01. I created the instance from the wizard in TIP and before I get to far I wanted to be able to run a successful db backup. My attempts at running them have gone unsuccessful so far and I have read through post and IBM's documentation and I think I am doing what they are asking but same results. So to make sure I am thinking correctly can someone please verify so things for me.

hostname = mytsmbox
servername = mytsm6.3 <- this is the same as the prompt when I login to admadmc?
instance owner = mytsmuser <- this is the os user I gave and start the instatnce with?
instance dir = /tsminst1 <- This is where files such as tsmdbmgr.opt are located

So when the documentation says for dsm.opt/sys "SErvername mytsm6.3" would be the correct name?

I have tried combinations of these names in the files dsm.opt/sys and tsmdbmgr.opt and I always still get -2033 400 errors. I have verifired that the DSMI_(LOG/DIR/CONSOLE) variables are correct for the user mytsmuser.

As for calling IBM for support I get this via Partnerworld and I have been told that for Run Your Business that they don't give support. Any suggestions or paths to explore I would greatly appreciate.

I am still trying to get this working. I have in my instance directory a file /tsminst1/tsmdbmgr.opt that has an entry for Servername that I have set to the machines hostname.

/tsminst1/tsmdbmgr.opt
Servername mytsmbox

I also have the files dsm.opt and dsm.sys in /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64 that have the same entry in them that match the tsmdbmgr.opt naming.

/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/dsm.sys
SErvername mytsmbox
COMMethod TCPip
TCPPort 1500
TCPServeraddr 192.168.13.1
passwordaccess generate
passworddir /tsminst1
ERRorlogname /tsminst1/tsmdbmgr.log

/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/dsm.opt
SErvername mytsmbox

I have tried to get my 'backup db devclass=tape_class type=full' to work and always get the DB2 sqlcode: -2033. DB2 sqlerrmc: 400 errors.

I have read every post and admin guide I can find and from what everyone is telling me it is a problem with one of these 3 files. I am at a total loss now and I need to get this running. Anyone have some suggestions or see something that is wrong with what I posted?

thx in advance for any help.

You have to add a second stanza to your dsm.sys in the api/bin64 directory. Under what you have, you should have something that looks like the below... you'll have to change to your specific setup. The only thing that cannot change is the nodename... it has to be $$_TSMDBMGR_$$

servername TSMDBMGR_TSMINST1
commmethod tcpip
tcpserveraddr localhost
tcpport 1500
passwordaccess generate
passworddir /home/tsminst1/tsminst1
errorlogname /home/tsminst1/tsminst1/tsmdbmgr.log
nodename $$_TSMDBMGR_$$

You then need to follow these steps... again changing commands to fit your environment. That last command (the rm tsmdbmgr.log) is important and I always forget it, so I just wanted to point out that is is necessary to get a good dbbackup.

# Stop and start the database instance:

1. Stop DB2:

db2stop

2. Start DB2:

db2start

# Set the API password:

1. Ensure that the Tivoli Storage Manager server is started. See Starting the server instance for the details.
2. Log in using the root user ID.
3. Source the database manager profile by running the following command.
Oracle Solaris operating systems Important: Switch to the Korn shell (/bin/ksh) before running the following command.

. /home/tsminst1/sqllib/db2profile

4. Change the API password. Use this command:

/home/tsminst1/sqllib/adsm/dsmapipw

5. When prompted by the dsmapipw command, specify TSMDBMGR as both the original and new password.
6. Enter this operating system command:

rm /home/tsminst1/tsminst1/tsmdbmgr.log

Back