ANR2345E DEFINE BACKUPSET: Invalid volume name - 000190L5

gasead

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm pretty much a TSM beginner. I have created a backup on a server called fincher running TSM7.1.3/W2K12 using LTO6 media.
I now want to import this media into TSM 7.1.3/W2K12 server called nathan (I think I need to use the define backupset command).

This is the command I am using:
define backupset fincher test devclass=LTO6 volumes=000190L5

But when I check the actlog I see the following error:
ANR2345E DEFINE BACKUPSET: Invalid volume name - 000190L5

If I check the volume name on the original TSM server Fincher the volume name is 000190L5

Are there any steps I need to take on the Nathan server before I run the define backupset command?

Do I need to get the volume name into the new TSM server somehow?

By the way I have backed up the data using an LTO6 in a MSL6480 and am running the define backupset command using a stand-alone LTO6 although I have defined a manual library called TSMMANUAL.

Hope someone can help.

Regards.

If you have defined a manual library on the target TSM server, load the tape into the LTO drive so TSM can see it.

Thanks for the reply.

The media is in the LTO drive when I run the command but it ejects it after the define backupset command fails.

I have registered the node of the original TSM server (fincher) on the server I want to run the define backupset command (nathan). Is there anything else I should do so that Nathan is aware of the media I want to import?

Back