• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

ANR2339E REMOVE NODE: Object sets still exist for node

kongfranon

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to delete a client node on a TSM 5.5 server. I already deleted the filespace and can see nothing shows up. I am confused on why it will not allow me to remove it? Any ideas. Thanks

tsm: SERVER1>q filespace servdb01
ANR2034E QUERY FILESPACE: No match found using this criteria.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

tsm: SERVER1>remove node servdb01

Do you wish to proceed? (Yes (Y)/No (N)) Y
ANR2339E REMOVE NODE: Object sets still exist for node SERVDB01.
ANS8001I Return code 13.

rmazzon

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Are there any backupsets associated to this node? is it an NDMP client and still have paths?

kongfranon

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Are there any backupsets associated to this node? is it an NDMP client and still have paths?
it is a linux box, and it no longer exists for months. I was just trying to clean up some old nodes.

How do i know if there are any backupsets? To be honest I am not sure I know what that means exactly. I thought everything that is backed up would be stored in the filespace.

rmazzon

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Simple,

q backupset NODENAME

Among other information will be the retention period. Heed that. A backupset was consciously created by somebody for a reason, so ask around. If it turns out it/they are not needed it/they can be deleted using

delete backupset NODENAME *
or
delete backupset NODE_NAME BACKUPSETNAME

kongfranon

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
That worked, there was a backupset from 2008, definitely do not need that anymore. I deleted it and now able to remove the node.

Thanks!

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 65 58.6%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 9 8.1%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CALEB