ANR2032E PREPARE: Command failed - internal server error detected

Glenn

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello. I believe this is my first post on this forum, so I hope I'm following the instructions I've read sufficiently. In any event, here is my problem:

A customer for whom I am consulting is running TSM server version 5.3.5.2 on an RS/6000 M80 box, with AIX version 5.1 (none of which, unfortunately, will be approved for upgrades any time soon). I am attemping to set up basic DRM for them, something I've done for other customers several times in the past. I set the drmplanprefix to a valid location where all users have full permissions, and attempted to run a prepare command.

Unfortunately, when that command was executed, I ran into an error I've never seen before. Here are the results I received from the actlog (after the usual messages about all the recovery instruction files not being found):

ANR2032E PREPARE: Command failed - internal server error detected.
ANR9999D ThreadId <122> issued message 2032 from:
ANR9999D ThreadId <122> 0x00000001007dc1e4 ProcessError
ANR9999D ThreadId <122> 0x00000001007e3e80 drmPrCreatePlanFile
ANR9999D ThreadId <122> 0x0000000100006320 StartThread
ANR9999D ThreadId <122> 0x090000000040dff4 _pthread_body
ANR6951E PREPARE: Recovery plan file /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/tsm11/tsm11.20080627.153823 was not created.
ANR0985I Process 6919 for PREPARE running in the FOREGROUND completed with completion state FAILURE at 15:38:24.
ANS8001I Return code 53.

I've attempted to research the above errors everywhere I can think of on the web, as well as in my TSM documentation, and nothing is helping me. Has anyone else run into a similar situation, or can someone point me in the direction of a resource I haven't found yet to look up these errors? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks for the quick response! I've double-checked, and there is plenty of free space on the drive, and the Extended Edition and DRM licenses are in place. Any other recommendations?

There is one other recommendation that I see, apply a level patch to the TSM Server or update to the next level. Why is it that the OS can't be (or why they won't) updated to 5.3?

Prepare command

Check the permissions on /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/tsm11 -- make sure the directory exists and is writable all the way back up the tree -- not just the tsm11 directory.

Kathi

First of all, I want to thank everyone for your input; it's greatly appreciated, and every once in a while I know I'm guilty of overlooking the obvious (Excerpt from previous conversations with myself and others: "Oh, of course I would have done THAT, so there's no reason to check it." "Oh, really? Are you SURE?" "Yes, of course, I'm... Oh, wait a minute; nevermind.") And now, here are my responses to your suggestions:

Moon-buddy: The customer is in the process of converting from TSM to NetBackup (personally, I think that should be going in the OPPOSITE direction, but that's not my call), so they won't approve ANY upgrades to the existing TSM environment.

Nezih: The planexl.awk has full write permissions for everyone, although the last time I checked, that file is just for breaking out the "prepare" results into executable command macros.

Kathi: Everyone has full permissions all the way up from the root directory to the destination, and I've tried different destination folders.

Any other suggestions?

Back