ANR2023E DELETE VOLUME: Extraneous parameter

Bharanij

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
i was try to install tdp mssql but and did auto configure now i am deleting that setup when i try to delete the auto defined volume but getting error

DATABACKUP>delete volume C:\PROGRAM FILES\TIVOLI\TSM\SERVER1\FCM_VOLSQL1.DSM discarddata=yes
ANR2023E DELETE VOLUME: Extraneous parameter - FILES\TIVOLI\TSM\SERVER1\FCM_VOLSQL1.DSM.

DATABACKUP>q volume

Volume Name Storage Pool Name Device Class Name Estimated Capacity Pct Util Volume Status
C:\PROGRAM FILES\TIVOLI\TSM\SERVER1\FCM_VOLSQL1.DSMFCM_ SPSQL DISK 99.996 M0 On-Line

how to delet this volume

Ever since Windows started using long filenames in 1995, when you use a path or a file name with spaces in a command, you need to enclose it in double-quotes or use the 8.3 annotation.

Notice that it accepted what you typed up to the first space, and assumed after the space was a 2nd argument, but this command only accepts one argument.

thank you bro,

DATABACKUP>delete volume "C:\PROGRAM FILES\TIVOLI\TSM\SERVER1\FCM_VOLSQL1.DSM" discarddata=yes

ANR2221W This command will result in the deletion of all inventory references to the data on volume C:\PROGRAM FILES\TIVOLI\TSM\SERVER1\FCM_VOLSQL1.DSM, thereby rendering the data unrecoverable.If the volume being deleted contains deduplicated data, the server invalidates all files that reside in the storage pool that are dependent upon the data stored on this volume. Files on other volumes might be marked as damaged and result in warning messages when that data is accessed.

Do you want to proceed? (Yes (Y)/No (N)) y

ANR2208I Volume C:\PROGRAM FILES\TIVOLI\TSM\SERVER1\FCM_VOLSQL1.DSM deleted from storage pool FCM_SPSQL.

Back