1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

ANR1331E Invalid Frame Detected

Discussion in 'TSM Operation' started by chad_small, Jul 28, 2010.

1. chad_small

chad_small Moderator

AIX/SAN/TSM
    So I am currently working a short contract consolidating ancient TSM servers to a single instance and am seeing a flood of ANR1331E messages along with its ANR1330E companion when I migrate data. According to an IBM APAR, upgrading the server from 5.4.0 to 5.4.5 should resolve the issue, but it's still occurring. Anyone else seen this issue? Did it ever get resolved with the 5.4.x releases? I'd upgrade this customer to 5.5, but their hardware is ancient and they are leaving this instance to handle their Linux and Win2K servers (yes Win2K) that will eventually be decommissioned.

3. Trident

Trident Senior Member

IT operations
    Hi,

I had a number of these error messages. It was all resolved by auditing selected volumes (fix=no). Eventually, I moved everything to new hardware after all data was migrated/moved, and these bugs did not emerge again. For my part, it was a disk drive that was about to fail (it is now dead and burried).

4. Harry_Redl

Harry_Redl Moderator

IT Consultant
  5. dms19

dms19 New Member

TSM Admin
    Chad get in touch with me when you have a second.