ANR1163W with virtual volumes.

yampam

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all ,
I'm using TSM v5.4 with DRM Virtaul volumes .
I've got this massage on many volumes on my remote stgpool any time reclamation process starts:
ANR1163W Offsite volume NEWR.BFS.133705358 still contains files which could not be moved .
Move data on this volume works -but insted of using the primary stgpool like on reclamation ,it move the data direcdly from this vol to a new virtual volume.-How can I know if the primary STGpool data is stil valid ? I assume that this is the reason the "files could not be moved" .
I think Expiration works fine , but yet the copy pool of the virtual volumes is 3 times bigger then the copy stgpool !!! -maybe (again) becouse of this volumes that cannot be moved .
I tried audit volume fix=yes on one of the volumes that couse this massage - no damaged files detected .

Any help will be appreciated
Yam

aud v on the primary pool(s). When it finishes, perform some "actlog fu" and see how it went. I personally would go straight to "fix=y" so you're ready to restore stg as soon as it finishes, if it finds anything to restore.
Good news - move data will fail if a good copy of the data can't be reached, so you've got the data to restore the primary pool with if needed.

I DO wish there was a "maxpr" for aud vol, so I wouldn't have to come up with my own multithreading schemes.

Back