ANR1163W Offsite volume X still contains files which could not be moved.

droach

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
I am using DRM to manage my offsite tapes and have started to see this warning message recently during reclaimation of my offsite storage group. I am not using colocation and there are no other error messages reported in the activity log.

At first I just thought that TSM would eventually move these files around in the primary and the problem would go away. But, now I am up to 16 tapes that report this error during my OFFDATA storage group reclaimation process.

TSM 5.4 Windows

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Daryl

Verify so you don't have any tapes with access=unavailable.

\Masonit

You probably have a problem with one (or several) tapes in the primary pool. A tape might not be available (q vol access=unavailable), not inserted in the library (q libv) or might contain damaged files (q content <volume> damaged=yes). You will have to check

Another solution is to bring the offsite tapes onsite and reclaim them or perform a 'move data' on them.

Regards. Wim.

It could also be that your reclaim duration period ends before it is done with the reclamation.

\Masonit

Thanks everyone...
All tapes are available and in r/w state, and all tapes listed in the primary pool are physically in the library. Have started checking for damaged tapes but have not yet found any. I am starting my reclaimation early today to make sure that it completes b4 the backup windows opens. Will repost when I have additional information.

Thanks again everyone...

Problem was that reclaimation of my OFFDATA pool was not finishing before I raised the limit back to 100. I was setting the limit down to 50, and two hours later setting it back to 100. This was not giving it enough time to get through the process.

Back