• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

ANR1163W Offsite volume X still contains files which could not be moved.

droach

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
I am using DRM to manage my offsite tapes and have started to see this warning message recently during reclaimation of my offsite storage group. I am not using colocation and there are no other error messages reported in the activity log.

At first I just thought that TSM would eventually move these files around in the primary and the problem would go away. But, now I am up to 16 tapes that report this error during my OFFDATA storage group reclaimation process.

TSM 5.4 Windows

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Daryl

wim

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
You probably have a problem with one (or several) tapes in the primary pool. A tape might not be available (q vol access=unavailable), not inserted in the library (q libv) or might contain damaged files (q content <volume> damaged=yes). You will have to check

Another solution is to bring the offsite tapes onsite and reclaim them or perform a 'move data' on them.

Regards. Wim.

droach

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Thanks everyone...
All tapes are available and in r/w state, and all tapes listed in the primary pool are physically in the library. Have started checking for damaged tapes but have not yet found any. I am starting my reclaimation early today to make sure that it completes b4 the backup windows opens. Will repost when I have additional information.

droach

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Thanks again everyone...

Problem was that reclaimation of my OFFDATA pool was not finishing before I raised the limit back to 100. I was setting the limit down to 50, and two hours later setting it back to 100. This was not giving it enough time to get through the process.

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 44 63.8%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 6 8.7%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surfacematter