Anr 8779e

sai

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello Experts,

Can any one help me on this issue

MESSAGE: ANR8779E Unable to open drive /dev/rmt4, error number=110.

MESSAGE: ANR8381E LTO volume 1208 could not be mounted in drive F1R3 (/dev/rmt4).
MESSAGE: ANR1229W Volume 1208 cannot be backed up to a copy storage pool or copied to an active-data storage pool. The volume is offline, in use by another
process, not currently mountable, or access mode is "unavailable" or "destroyed"

Regards,

Sai

Verify the path. Did the mount point change due to reboot.
Also verify you are using an IBM supported driver for your device.
Is the TSM server Windows?
It is possible the driver has been updated causing this error.
Thanks

i checked the path, drive everything looks good. we didi not do any reboot. tsm is on AIX 6.1.

Sai, As a better option for searching for an answer, IBM has a new support application known as 'Support Portal Advisor' that is learning as it is used to provide product support answers. It's in Beta now for TSM and we welcome customers trying this as a method to find an available answer. You can go to the IBM Support portal, select TSM and look on the overview page, or here is a quick link to that option. Feedback on this solution finder is available on it and we welcome any that can be offered.
http://bit.ly/AjlE8s Thank you, Larry

Larry i tried it at end it has no result

Thank you for the test. This is a learning technology, so it will get better over time. It is also dependent on the answer being available as well. We do have knowledge capture in the product support process and incoming problems does drive new knowledge being made available online. Support portal advisory improves the search criteria used and then also teaches the application and us what the customer needs are. Regards, Larry

Hi,

does it happen for another drive (and the same tape)? Does it happen for the same drive (and different tape)?
You can test it by setting the drive F1R3 (/dev/rmt4) offline and running an audit of the volume 1208 ....
What does /usr/include/sys/errno.h file say about error 110? (Have no AIX 6.1 around ....)

Harry

Hello harry,

I is happning with this drive only it happened with other tape too. I did a audit on the volumes they were fine when mounted in different drives. i did not get you on "What does /usr/include/sys/errno.h file say about error 110? (Have no AIX 6.1 around ....)". i am new on AIX so can you help me on this??

Hi,

look into this file and see what is error number 110 - it may help.
Did the file work before?
Can we see
AIX:
lsdev -Cctape
lscfg -vpl rmt4
ls -l /dev/rmt4
TSM:
q dri <library_name> F1R3 f=d

Harry

Harry

Hi,

look into this file and see what is error number 110 - it may help.
Did the file work before?
Can we see
AIX:
lsdev -Cctape
lscfg -vpl rmt4
ls -l /dev/rmt4
TSM:
q dri <library_name> F1R3 f=d

Harry

Harry

the commands lsdev -Cc tape and lscfg -vpl rmt4 gives me the serial no and avaliablity of drive, ls -l/dev/rmt4 gave me
$ ls -l /dev/rmt4
crw-rw-rwT 1 root system 40,320 Apr 03 2011 /dev/rmt4
i ran q drive f=d it does not tell anything about the error. the drive is on-line path is on-line they were as usual.

Hi,

I do know what the commands show - I wanted to compare their output - if the tape is visible/operational from the OS, if the serial number matches etc.
What about the errno.h file - what is the error 110?

Harry

Back