1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

ANE4007E "access to the object is denied"

Discussion in 'TSM Client' started by jmcallis, Feb 9, 2010.

1. jmcallis

jmcallis New Member

I get this on my file windows server for several hundred files when backing up via the schedule but I don't if I run the backup from the client gui. The system account is being used by the scheduler service for scheduled backups. I've ruled out windows file locks since the scheduled backup is happening off hours and im running the gui back during business hours when I would expect any locks to be an issue.

Not exactly sure why this is happening...any ideas?

3. chad_small

chad_small Moderator

AIX/SAN/TSM
    Are the files within a specific directory? Are their permissions possibly higher than system authority? It would explain why your ID can run a GUI backup successfully.

4. jmcallis

jmcallis New Member

It does seem to be limited to a few folders off the root of main share. However i've looked at the ntfs perms and they are unchanged. Infact these particular folders have read/write to all our users.