• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Alternatives to TSM

molerio

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
Is anyone considering migrating fromf TSM for z/OS to The FDR/UPSTREAM product?

Last edited:

David_FA

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Did you migrate from TSM to FDR/UPSTREAM. I was recently in a presentation about FDR/UPSTREAM and It looks that it is a good product.

molerio

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
No. I proposed it to the management but they ignored me and decided to ditch the z10-BC we already have.
I was trying to find another use for it as a enterprise backup server as we seem to be choking under the daily 10 to 25 TB we backup.
It seems they missed the opportunity to save big money when they got sucked into the "low cost" blade cheap storage entry vs maintain the mainframe with high end storage arguement.
Now there electric bill is a million per month thanks to all the linux/windows under VMWare blade server farms
and other infrastructure they had to buy to support it Oh not to mention the 7 linux admins and 2 extra storage guys they had to hire to support it.

David_FA

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Well, maybe we are not very good at selling something because we are not involved in commercial agreement but sooner or later they should realize about their failure.

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 61 61.6%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 8 8.1%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NasriSaleh