• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

after restoring DB - ERROR: server not in compliance with License terms

cividan

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I'm a TSM newbie and english is not my primary language so please be kind to me.

I took TSM DB, dsmserv.opt, volhist.out, devconfig.out from the original server before running: dsmserv restore DB todate=today

I'm doing DR test and after I restored my TSM DB on a new server I started "tsm Server1" service and connected to administrative command line. When I try to change DRM (set drmfileprocess=yes) I get operation is denied. Server not in compliance with License terms. :confused:

The original server doesn't return this error when I run the same command.

Did I miss something in my recovery step ?

How do I get this license from the old server to the new server ?

Any help would be appreciated.

cividan

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
TSM installation never asked me anything about license so I don't know if I installed a licensed version or not. I installed a version that was downloaded from IBM website. I will test with register lic.

Last edited:

cividan

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I was not the one who downloaded it so I downloaded it from PA website and I now see the license option during install. Thanks for the info.

SniperKing

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
if you have installed the tsm serve base code, it should comes with the license module. After that, you can issue the command of 'reg lic file=*.lic" to register your license

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 61 61.6%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 8 8.1%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabiont