Administrative Schedule Not Running

Drjackal

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi,

I have two backup schedule, Daily and Monthly backup. Daily backup always incremental while monthly backup always do full backup.
I have two Storage Pool Name :
1. LTOPOOL1 for my daily tape
2. LTOPOOL2 for my monthly tape

My Monthly backup schedule runs every 27th in every month. There is some command script that run in my monthly backup schedule sequentially :
1. DAILY_SCHED_DEACTIVATE (used for deactivate my daily backup schedule)
2. CHANGE_MONTHLY_TAPE ( used for change my daily tape to monhtly tape)
3. MIGRATE

But DAILY_SCHED_DEACTIVATE command script is always fail. it says "ANR1464E RUN: Command script DAILY_SCHED_DEACTIVATE, line 20, parameter 1 was not specified: update vol $1 access=readw wherestg=ltopool2. (SESSION: 12158)"

The DAILY_SCHED_DEACTIVATE command script is contain :
DEL ASSOC STANDARD PMBOSQCO401_DAILY PMBOSQCO401
DEL ASSOC STANDARD PMBOFSPU401_DAILY PMBOFSPU401
UPDATE VOL * ACCESS=READO WHERESTG=LTOPOOL2
update vol $1 access=readw wherestg=ltopool2
UPDATE STG DISKPOOL NEXTSTGPOOL=LTOPOOL2

When i try to run the script update vol $1 access=readw wherestg=ltopool2 it says "ANR2401E UPDATE VOLUME: Volume $1 is not defined in a storage pool"

This monthly backup schedule works fine last year, but it doesn't work now.

Any solution for my problem?
please help
(Sorry, my english is not good)

Hi,

You probably mean "*1" instead of "$1". With $1, the $ only replaces 1 character, which means it would only work if the volume label was 2 characters long. To get all volumes ending by 1, you need a *.

Hi Marclant,

Thanks for the answer,
i've tried using "*1", but the result is all my tapes that defined as LTOPOOL2 become READW.
What if i only want to change access of spesific tape from LTOPOOL2 storage pool ?

Note :
I'm labeling my monthly tape = PM15041; storage pool = LTOPOOL2
PM = My Company's ID; 15 = year (2015); 04 = Month (April); 1 =

Can you explain me more about how to use variable subtitution ($)?

Best Regards,

What if i only want to change access of spesific tape from LTOPOOL2 storage pool ?
If you only want to change specific tapes, you will have to specify those tapes individually unless you they have a common denominator you can use to select only those Example:

Code:
update volume VOL1 ...
update volume VOL2 ...
etc...

Looks like your volume name is dynamic, so either you will have to do it manually, or create a more sophisticated script. Unfortunately, I'm no good at scripting, so I'm of no help here. I know enough that you'd need to pass your volume name to a variable, and they use variable substitution in your update volume command, but I don't know the syntax for that in TSM.

Can you explain me more about how to use variable subtitution ($)?
My apologies, $ is not a valid wildcard nor it it a valid character for a TSM command. If you want to use a wildcard on a single character, you use ?, if you want to use a wildcard for zero to many characters, you use the *, the same as most OS shells.

If you need to work with value substitution, you need to either enter the value manually or write a script outside of TSM parsing data from a list.

Working with a TSM script, as an example:

1. define script upd_vol "update volume $1 access=readwrite" line=10 descr="Update a volume to read/write"
2. run upd_vol A00123L2

This script picks up the value of A00123L2 as entered.

For scripting outside of TSM, the script (obviously) follows what platform TSM is running on.

Back