ADIC Scalar Library Problems

tzenker

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm having a drive problem in my ADIC Scalar 1000.

I cannot clean or put a tape in the drive. What I'm trying to do

is take the drive OFFLINE but it wont let me. States device busy. There is not tape in the drive.

I tried to bring the library to an offline state to see if that works. No luck.

I went ahead and deleted the device and removed the definition from the AIX system.

I just want to bring the drive offline...

Any suggestions???

Running adsm3.7

AIX 4.3.2 :confused:

Hello,

we had several problems with our scalar 1000... what devices are you using ? DLTx000 ?

In any case, I have experience with newer TSM versions... but let me try.

First of all, try to do Q DRIVE and then see what happens...

then UPDATE DRIVE <libraryname> <drivename> ONLINE=NO

this should put the drive offline.

In the meantime, open the scalar door: the library will first sound, then a message will appear on the display (the front door is open), and finally the library will go automatically in OFFLINE-NOTREADY mode.

Take a cleaning cartridge and put it by hand in the drive: click on the big plastic button (my is brown...) and load the tape. This will clean your heads.

What version of ADIC FIRMWARE are you using ? I know there are several problem with releases <3.00.18, but pay attention because upgrading from 2.x to 3.x will change the element address of the drives !!!! (in 2.x the DLT drives are 800, 801.... but on the 3.x they are 256, 257...).

Finally, ask your ADIC support to upgrade the firmware of the DLT, because QUANTUM says there are cleaning issues with older release.

Hope to be helpfull.

Ciao

moro

Back