Additional protection for Cloud container pool

Ches

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I'd like to ask for a little advice regarding cloud container pools:
If one sets up a server with backups only to cloud container pool and at a later date wants to replicate or protect the stgpool, is that possible?

From what I have read in docs and FAQs, the cloud container cannot be used for node replication nor protect stgpool, so if this is the case how could one change the configuration to one with replication? Is the only option to introduce a dircon pool before or instead of the primary cloud container pool?

I believe that you can setup a source (primary) server with directory container pool, and replicate the data to a target (secondary/dr) in the cloud. But not the other way around.

That's what I think too. Seems that to set up a server in this manner would be very limited in terms of further protecting the data, relying wholely on the cloud provider with no inbuilt option (replication, copy pool, protect pool, whatever). Was just wondering if I had missed something as it seems very restrictive and I've always liked TSM for its versatility with storage options.

We are looking at this as well. If there's no way to do this with TSM, the only other option may be to use cloud provider replication.

Back